This article describes how to modify your OpenVPN Connect settings on your iPhone to keep the VPN from disconnecting.
OpenVPN Connect for iOS Version 3.0
- Open OpenVPN Connect app
- Tap on the menu at the top left of the screen
- Tap Settings
- Enable Reconnect on Wakeup
- Enable Seamless Tunnel
- Set Connection Timeout to "Continuously Retry"
- Enable Layer 2 Reachability
OpenVPN Connect for iOS Version < 3.0
- Open the device's Settings app
- Select OpenVPN Connect
- Enable "Seamless tunnel"
- Change the Connect Timeout setting to "None"
- Enable "Layer 2 Reachability"