This article is specifically related to Glacier Chat for iOS. At this time, Glacier Chat for Android does not currently allow for archiving without deleting.
Temporarily Hide (Archive) an Existing Group Chat on iOS
To archive a group chat:
- From the main page, which contains the list of your active conversations and group chats, scroll down to the group you wish to hide.
- If you want to hide the chat from your active chat list, but retain the conversation and messages, so that when you re-enter that group chat again your previous messages will still be there, then swipe the conversation half way to the left, and then tap on "Archive".
- This will move the group chat from your Inbox to your Archive.
- If a new message is received in that group, the chat will automatically move back to your Inbox of active chats.
- If you prefer instead to leave the group chat, see this article: Leave a Group Chat
Having Issues on your iOS device? Try these troubleshooting tips.