This article is specifically related to Glacier Messenger for Android. At this time, Glacier Messenger for iOS does not currently allow for searching within messages.
Additionally, the following information applies to Glacier Messenger 2.2.8 and beyond. If you are currently using an older version of our app, or do not know which version of Messenger you are using, please use the following link to check your version and/or update to our most recent version of Glacier Messenger: Ensuring Glacier Apps are Up-To-Date
Searching Messages on Android
To Search Your Active Chats for a specific text string:
- From the main screen within Glacier Messenger, which lists all your active chat sessions:
- If you are using Glacier Messenger 2.4.0 or after, open the Menu and select "Search"
- If you are using Glacier Messenger 2.3.7 or before, select Menu > Search Messages
- Type in the text for which you wish to search, and then click the Search Magnifying Glass button on the keyboard.
- You will see all messages containing that specific text string.
- If you wish to go to the chat that contains a specific message:
- Long-press on the message bubble until a menu appears.
- Select View Chat Session to be brought into the chat where that message occurred.
Having Issues configuring the user interface? Try these troubleshooting tips.