This article is specifically related to Glacier Chat for Android. At this time, Glacier Chat for iOS does not currently allow for searching within messages.
Searching Messages on Android
To Search Your Active Chats for a specific text string:
- From the main screen within Glacier Chat, which lists all your active chat sessions, open the Menu and select "Search".
- Type in the text for which you wish to search, and then click the Search Magnifying Glass button on the keyboard.
- You will see all messages containing that specific text string.
- If you wish to go to the chat that contains a specific message:
- Long-press on the message bubble until a menu appears.
- Select "View Chat Session" to be brought into the chat where that message occurred.
Having Issues configuring the user interface? Try these troubleshooting tips.